Sunday, September 2, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

I get Green Bean Delivery which is an awesome thing in some parts of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky and I get fresh produce delivered to my door every other week.  This week I got a butternut squash.  I haven't had it since I was young so I was excited to try it again.  I had some chicken breasts in the fridge so got out this cookbook:

I looked through their chicken recipes and was inspired by their one for honey mustard chicken.  This recipe was for chicken thighs though and called for whole grain mustard & clear honey.  I used chicken breast and used mustard powder instead and honey I got from Brown County that has the honeycomb in it.
 
I just used 1 Tbsp. honey and mixed in 1 Tbsp. mustard powder for 1 chicken breast.
I added a little bit of salt & pepper.  I used a spoon to pour and spread the mix over the chicken and then baked it.  1/2 way through baking I scooped up the sauce that had gone to the bottom of the pan and spread it back on the chicken.
 
 
For the squash I cut it in 1/2, added some salt and pepper, put it on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil and baked at 345 for about 45 minutes (until I could put a fork through the long end) per the directions of my mama!  Added butter and more salt & pepper to eat :)

Both the chicken and the yellow squash were great!!!  I'd be interested to try the actual recipe in the book for the mustard chicken someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment