Monday, May 21, 2012

Beef Stir-Fry

I had beef & tons of veggies so I googled beef stir-fry.  I wasn't happy with any full recipe so found a stir-fry sauce recipe I could sort-of do and went from there.  My base recipe was this one- http://www.food.com/recipe/all-purpose-stir-fry-sauce-brown-garlic-sauce-87748 but I used chicken stock instead of broth b/c that's what I had, walnut oil instead of sesame, and black pepper instead of white.  I also didn't have any cornstarch so I just didn't use it.  I know it's supposed to thicken the sauce, but I was beyond happy with the taste & consistency of the sauce without it.  I also didn't have fresh ginger so just added ground to the other ingredients.

Once I was done with the sauce I put it to the side and filled a pan with veggies and 1/4 cup water. I cooked the veggies covered in that until crisp. I drained the veggies & put them to the side. In the same pan I browned the beef after cutting it into small pieces. I added the veggies, sauce, and beef into one pan, brought to a boil then simmered for a couple minutes adding cayenne pepper and stirring it in.

When everything was done I served it over rice and enjoyed what I believe to be the best stir-fry I've ever made.  (Although I have also made stir-fry with the recipe for the sauce for the lettuce wraps I posted previously and that's pretty good too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment